Thursday, February 5, 2009

tiMe

It's sad really,
I went to toys R' us to find Christian an
erector set, like the one he got
for christmas. I couldn't find one that wasn't
for little kids, so I wondered around the store.
I realized, MY KIDS ARE OLD, with the
 exception of Aydelyn, I can't shop there for them anymore.
When did this happen?
On Sunday I will have TWO TEENAGERS!
When did this happen?
I looked at all the fake tools, and action figures,
cars and animals and GI joes.
I miss buying those things.
Life moves on to fast, I want 
to lock my door and never my kids leave me.
(I say that right now cuz their all at
school and I'm home alone)
really though, it makes me sad.

4 comments:

KA said...

I feel a little bit sorry for you, except for that you didn't have to change one single dirty diaper today...

jp said...

thats true, I don't miss poopy diapers, or making bottles. or waking up to a crying baby at 3 am!
but I don't want them to grow up....

lori parkhurst said...

I know what you mean! Wow two teenagers!

Jandee said...

It is crazy that Christain and Tyler are both teenagers. They both have a special place in my heart. I was in 9th and 11th grade when they were born and was obsessed with my two nephews, when I went away to college and came home to visit they were the first people I went to see. I love those boys and it is sad to realize they are no longer boys, but now young men and teenagers! I hope you have a great year Christain, good luck with everything you do- happy birthday.- Jandee
and jessy I totally know what you mean about protecting your kids, the world is a scary place.