Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Cafe Rio

(someone emailed these to Greg a few years ago. I tried
them and their not exact, but their good, so I thought I would share)
Title: Café Rio Lime Rice


Ingredients:
1 c white rice
2 T chicken broth, + broth to cook rice in
1 T fresh lime juice
1 T garlic powder
1 T dried minced onion
Pinch of salt

Directions:
Cook all ingredients for rice directions, substituting chicken broth
for water. When rice is done, add.
1/2-1 c chopped cilantro
1 T fresh lime juice
1 c green enchilada sauce

Title: Café Rio Pork

Ingredients:
3# Pork roast (butt or shoulder)
1 c Worcestershire sauce
1 t dried oregano
1 t powdered ginger
1 t salt
1 t chili powder
1 t garlic powder
2 T dried minced onions

Directions:
Cook all ingredients in a crock pot all day. One hour before serving,
remove roast and shred it, dump out cooking juices. Put shredded pork
back into crock pot and add.
1 c dark brown sugar
1 c red enchilada sauce

Title: Cafe Rio black beans

You might want to double this if your family loves black beans
Ingredients:
1 can black beans
1/3 cup tomato juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. cumin
2 tbsp. oil
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp. chopped cilantro
Directions:
Heat oil, cumin, and garlic. Throw in the rest until warm.

Title: Creamy Tomatillo Dressing
Ingredients:
Place the following in a blender:

3 tomatillos, peeled and cut in 1/4's
Juice of 1/2 lime
1/2 c buttermilk
1/2 c mayo
1/2 c sour cream
1 pkg dry ranch buttermilk dressing
1 c fresh chopped cilantro
6 green onions, with ends
2 cloves crushed garlic
3 t sugar
1 jalapeno, sliced thin, and added to taste
Directions:
Mix well, refrigerate 1 hour.

9 comments:

Lindsey, Nate, and Collin said...

Hey jess i was going to tell you that you can get a new background at www.thecutestblogontheblock.com
It won't erase any contact info or anything so try it out. I just changed mine. linds

a wynn wynn situation said...

Thanks for sharing! I have tried the dressing and it's SO good.

Amber said...

I'm totally going to try the pork and dressing recipes. My favorite thing there is the pork salad. Thanks for posting those. My husband will be really excited too. Oh, I noticed your name on Krista's blog. I went to school with her. We played softball together when we were younger. Small world.

Amber said...

I knew who Jonique was, but I never talked to her or anything. She's a year older than me. I've never heard of Alisa Peery before. I didn't know her.

Maman Pélissié said...

So funny that you posted this today! I called my mom for the rice recipe and she couldn't find it! Thanks!

JP said...

glad to help

Alisa said...

Thanks for the recipes im going to try them all. Hope you have a blast in Hawaii!!!! Yay

lori parkhurst said...

Hope you have a great time in Hawaii. We are loving it.

Cassidy said...

Hey jeselyn! Thanks for visiting my blog. Laycee doesn't have a blog, but Kellen jus started one. Here is the link:
http://www.coleandkellen.blogspot.com/
Enjoy.